The Change Journey

Holger Nauheimer (Change Facilitation) holger at CHANGE-FACILITATION.ORG
Tue Mar 2 05:06:11 PST 2010

Hello everybody,

for years I have been preaching that change cannot be managed (although I
must confess that I still maintain the Change Management Toolbook, but more
for historical/PR reasons). Instead, I said that change needs to be
facilitated. I was also reflecting about the fact that most change projects
fail despite all the "great" models and tools.

So, I was looking for a meta model or a process description that would help
me to incorporate everything that is out there - other models, tools,
methodologies etc. Finally, I developed it myself, together with my friend
Vesa Purokuru. It is called the Change Journey and has been launched today.

The Change Journey is a radical approach to change. It is based on the
paradigm that change in organizations is not a linear path from A to B. As
many of us experience, what happens in a change process is largely
unpredictable. Our Change Journey Map then helps to navigate through
uncertainty. This Map is inclusive - which means whatever tools and models
you are used to can be incorporated.

This is a journey - not a blueprint. Organizations and individuals can only
master change processes when they are ready to find their own path. The
journey then is constructed from something we already know as well as from
that which is unknown. The journey teaches us.

Have a closer look - Open Space Technology is something which fits very well
as a practice for most parts of the Journey.

http://www.changejourney.org

Regards
Holger