Totally present absolutely invisible

Barry Owen barryo at comcast.net
Thu Jun 3 14:05:38 PDT 2010

WHERE you take nap might have some significance

On 6/3/10, Phelim McDermott <phelim at mac.com> wrote:
> I'm Interested in this wonderful skill:
>> Being totally present and absolutely invisible
>>

> It is what I aspire to every time I faciltate orvdirect a show and
> relates very closely to stage presence as It is what I have worked
> with puppeteers in training to do over the years. (it is especially
> useful dramatically when you want to disappear and appear as if from
> nowhere onstage at just the right time. A skill some of the best
> facilitators have or so I have heard!
>
> There is another aspect about this I am interested in which for me
> relates to what some cultures would call the dreaming aspects of
> reality.
>
> So here's the question: Is it possible to be in this state of presence/
> invisibilty whilst on another space in the room? Or outside the room?
> Or whilst asleep?
>
> So can one be totally present, absolutely invisible and take a nap?
>
> Phelim
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 3 Jun 2010, at 21:23, Harrison Owen <hhowen at verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Michael – it would be really interesting to hear some actual situati
>> ons where what you are describing is true. I’ve never seen it, but I
>>  did hear of one. It happened in South Africa where a local consulta
>> nt took Open Space as a license for absence. He literally left for m
>> ost of the day. As it turned out (as I heard from one of the partici
>> pants) the group really didn’t miss him, and was basically sorry to
>> see him return. And that same participant was sure that there had to
>>  be something more than he had seen. As a consequence he came to a “
>> training program” (back in the days when I used to do something like
>>  that J) and subsequently opened space all over the place. So I gues
>> s there was a happy ending after a rocky start. Or something.
>>

>> But you really put your finger on something – “active
>> listening” – which is not so much about doing anything but rather
>> Being intensely.  Definitely hard to describe but my best shot is th
>> e enigmatic phrase – Being totally present and absolutely invisible.
>>  In my experience this is a matter of intention and practice. And th
>> e best part is that it is all definitely rewarding, not only in term
>> s of facilitating Open Space, but equally in terms of self understan
>> ding and personal presence. It feels good.
>>

>> Harrison
>>

>> Harrison Owen
>>
>> 7808 River Falls Dr.
>>
>> Potomac, MD 20854
>>
>> USA
>>
>> Phone 301-365-2093
>>
>> www.openspaceworld.com
>>
>> www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)
>>
>> To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
>> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu
>> :

Barry Owen
Real Estate Broker
Professional Coach
Keller Williams Realty

Connect with me @ Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Plaxo

Call me: 615-568-2123

Read my Blog: http://activerain.com/blogs/barryo
Visit The Owen Group http://www.theowengroup.net
http://www.owengroupnashvillehomes.com
Barry Owen’s Internet Portal to all blogsites, websites, and social networks
http://tnrealestatetribalhub.wordpress.com/2009/06/02/barry-owens-web-portal/

Simply & BOLDLY Living the FourFold Way in Open Space!

Quintessentially connected to the real estate industry to offer the
ultimate experience for Home Buyers and Sellers in Middle Tennessee .
. . Inquire within!