OST training and "certification"

Diane Gibeault diane.gibeault at rogers.com
Mon Jun 7 13:09:07 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I have been disconnected inadvertently for a while.  I would add this to what has already been said on OST training:

Often people have observed OS, participated in an adaptation of OS, organized one,  even facilitated one or more without ever being truly just a participant in a full fledge OS meeting including convergence. In the workshop I offer, participants get to live a full 24 hours of OS (noon to noon) after the 1st morning where they work on a theme, the invitation and go through the preparation steps for an OS event.

People often say that before living an OS as a participant in a complete fashion, all the other ways of encountering OS as described above did not give them a full and visceral understanding of the true nature and potential of OST.

After that experiencial learning, we do one or two OSonOS to address their questions and deepen their learning which is then anchored on their own experience. This OSonOS is how I experienced my training with Harrison 15 years ago and it surely is not  classroom learning as the kind we grew up with.

Many participants, even those who have been at more than one OS before the training, describe their experience of the workshop as having opened up a transformation in them. There are also guides and tools provided to make it easier to organize the practical side of things but the key objective of the workshop is learning that what's important is the spirit of OST often summarized by these two words: letting go.

Diane