Opening space in Tel Aviv

Phelim McDermott phelim at mac.com
Tue Jun 1 10:40:49 PDT 2010

Dear all,

Matilda and I have just finished a three day open space in Tel Aviv
with the company NaLagaat. They are an amazing group who have a
theatre show performed by actors who are deaf and deaf/blind. They
also have a cafe where all the waiters are deaf and you learn sign to
get your order and a restaurant called Blackout where you eat in total
darkness looked after by blind waiters and waitresses.

The three day OS was an amazing experience silmultaneously translated
in two different spoken languages and four different types of signing!
Lots of positive moments and new connections made from the meaningful
conversations had in this amazing organisation.

Quite an amazing open space that was very hopeful and moving at this
difficult time of conflict in Israel.

We also met the Wonderful Tova for the first time. Thanks for all your
love and support.

I have lots of thoughts and things to communicate to the list but have
been very busy here will send them soon.

Love

Phelim & Matilda

Sent from my iPhone