Engaging Emergence is almost here...

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 12:08:20 PDT 2010

Peggy and friends,

This morning, I found myself traveling back to the Berlin WOSonOS, listening
to the 25-minute video of Peggy talking about her upcoming book -- a
conversation that Harold Shinsato captured on tape.

*http://vimeo.com/11827749*

As I listened to Peggy, I felt myself soothed and transported to so much
that felt so familiar, described and expressed in a way that gives such
meaning and purpose to what we do in this wonderful OS community. I sense
both magical simplicity and great depth in *Engaging Emergence: Turning
Upheaval into Opportunity*. I had already pre-ordered the book through
Amazon and have been anxiously awaiting for it to be shipped, hoping it will
come early. Today I ordered another copy for a dear friend who is doing a
lot of the "disrupting compassionately" and hosting of conversations that
Peggy describes in the video, convening many diverse groups who are reeling
from the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico

 I already know that I'll come back to Peggy's book often on those dark days
when I feel I'm losing my way as often happens when I witness and experience
the very real pain and fear that chaos, disruption and disturbance bring. It
will give me courage and wise counsel reminding me of what I know to be
true: that chaos is necessary for change and that it's part of what Peggy
calls the "natural pattern of emergence" as vibrantly alive as nature
itself.

In addition, it will be a quick reference guide reminding me of what I must
do personally to prepare myself each time I host and convene.

Peggy, I know I speak for others here when I say how excited I am about the
upcoming release of this important book knowing that it could not be coming
out at a better time.  The world needs to hear, breathe and feel what you
have to say.

Suzanne on the Florida West Coast

Suzanne Daigle
NuFocus Strategic Group