Re-launch of NCDD Resource Center (nearly 2,400 resources strong!)

Sandy Heierbacher sandy at thataway.org
Wed Jul 14 12:56:35 PDT 2010

I wanted to let everyone know that the National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation's Resource Center is back up and running (yay!) at http://ncdd.org/rc

The Resource Center describes and categorizes close to 2,400 resources -- including dialogue guides, facilitation tools, dialogue & deliberation methods, online tools, case studies, videos, higher ed programs, articles, NCDD publications, and more.

NCDD's summer interns, Allyson Gasdaska and Cait Kershner, are updating the existing resources and adding new ones, and we're looking for additional volunteers who are knowledgeable about dialogue and deliberation to sign on as well.  If you're interested in checking and updating links, categorizing and tagging, and adding new resources, let me know!

When you look over the main page of the Resource Center ( http://ncdd.org/rc ), you'll see that the right sidebar includes some things to help you find and navigate resources:

- A list of Meta-Resources (like our helpful Glossary and beginner's pages), which we'll be adding to
- Categories, which show how many resources we have in each (54 journals & newsletters, for ex)
- Newest Resources (most recently added)
- Tag Cloud (which will be more and more useful as we add tags to more of the resources)

Please check out the Resource Center and let me know what you think (and whether you'd like to help update and add resources).  And feel free to add the RSS feed, which is http://ncdd.org/rc/feed , to your RSS readers, facebook walls, linkedin accounts, etc!

You can also do 2 other things...

1. Comment on ANY resource in the Resource Center (with corrections, your thoughts about a tool or method, etc.)
2. Submit resources you think we should add by using the form at http://www.thataway.org/?page_id=1163 (I'd love to have more Open Space resources listed!)

Best,
Sandy

Sandy Heierbacher
Director, National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation (NCDD)

email:  sandy at thataway.org
phone:  717-243-5144
website:  www.thataway.org
facebook:  www.facebook.com/heierbacher