John Engles Haiti Partners support project

Christine Whitney Sanchez cwhitneysanchez at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 21:40:32 PST 2010

Dear Bernd,

Thank you for this wonderful story and for your part in serving.
Consider me part of the concentric circles.

Warm wishes from my snowy retreat space,

Christine

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 20, 2010, at 7:36 PM, Bernd Weber <bernd.weber at change-facilitation.org

Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:52:07 +0900
To: OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
From: Spark <spark at openspace.kr>
Subject: Re: An opportunity to ride wave: a Certificate (An Empowerment)
 to Open Life

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA9AF4.BDD12AE0

Dear Colleagues,

I would hope that our dream of a truly liberated life of Open World become
easier from this year!

Korean Version of Wave Rider ready to meet readers early March

Our year-long effort of translating Wave Rider into Korean has ended and is
going to meet Korean readership early March. I invited Mgr. Jung, a high-
level manager, of SEC (Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.) to an opportunity to
write a recommendation letter for the book. He came to OS forum early in
2009. He was pleased to take the job and invited us, myself and Jackie, to
his workplace in Suwon, a two-hour ride southward from Seoul.

Our visitation to VIP (Value Innovation Program) Center of SEC

We found out that he was one of the starting staff of VIP center which has
been functioning as the growth engine of SEC since 1998 right after IMF
crisis hit Korea. At the heart of the center is Value Growth. Knowing that
SEC is now the leader (Number 1 in Revenue in the Industry globally) in the
Electronics & Electrical Products Manufacturing industry globally the
center must have performed its mission (Value Growth) successfully.

As the growth engine for SEC, the center has been turning SEC into a top-
down-based learning organization that has facilitated learning and
practicing multi-facets of VALUE ENGINEERING from various approaches (value
formulae or success formulae) that have been tested and worked elsewhere in
the world including a host of certified value engineering programs such as
Russian TRIZ (Theory of Inventive Problem Solving), GVE (Group Value
Engineering), Value Innovation, Value Functional Team etc.  He inspired
Fortune magazine to cover SEC's successful application of TRIZ. Now, SEC
has realized that there's nowhere to learn and now it's time to CREATE its
own success formulae. He seems to think OST can do the job in the future.

Corporate Environment that Blocks His Trial of OST

He has tried OST in SEC by running his own meeting with his staff. He was
discouraged or disappointed, however, by corporate atmosphere (his peers
and colleagues) that psychologically blocks trial of uncertified methods
and practices (uncertain territory); an experience of bad feeling.
Throughout the visitation he expressed need of Certification program for
Wave Rider (or OST). He also stressed that once the certification program
is launched it can attract not only VIP (Value Innovation Program) Center
of SEC but also other emergent world-class companies from Korea such as
other Samsung companies, Hyundai, LG, Daewoo etc. I truly think this has
worldwide implication.

Aligning needs of corporate workers with needs of expanding use of OST/WR
(Strong Request from SEC)

- Certificates for graduates of WR course authenticated by worldwide Open
Space Community (symbolically represented by HO or anyone he recommends).

- An Intranet-based WR Software Package using 8 Steps of Wave Riding with
growing database on Wave Riding (OS cases and other cases of self-
organization).

- Transformation of too-structured high performing rigid SEC system into a
High Performing Human System.

Our First Take

1. Commemorate coming of WR by announcing launching of 3-Day Wave Rider
Training program (certification program for graduates) with publication of
Korean version WR as a formal invitation for every reader.

2. Open Space Korea will contribute six percent of the WR Certification
program income to OS community for OSONOS including access queen and other
OS initiatives such as exploring OS in cyberspace and massive
transformation.

We consider the request from SEC for Certification as a user request for
Empowerment for trying the new. And I trust the Certification Program will
help remove barriers (especially in Asian ethos and mythos) to encourage
Wave-riders to try Open Space at their hardwired workplace.

The certification and WR book will serve as formal invitation to Truly
Fulfilling Life: a Chaordic Dance.

I also hope that this help us (entire OS community now and future) sustain
our journey and enjoy more OSONOSes worldwide.

As we always do, any idea will enrich feasibility of this WR Certificate
program.

You are surely invited!

Thanking You All,

Spark
Open Space Institute of Korea,
Open Quest Squad
3rd Fl., Samkyung Bldg., 372-10, Seokyo-dong, Mapo-gu, 121-210, Seoul,
Korea spark at openspace.kr
Phone: 82-2-353-6356
Mobile: 82-10-7247-0636
 <http://www.openspace.kr> http://www.openspace.kr
 <http://www.openspaceworld.org> http://www.openspaceworld.org
 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Space_Technology>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Space_Technology
 <http://www.artofhosting.org> http://www.artofhosting.org
"High Play, High Learning"-> High Performance

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA9AF4.BDD12AE0

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
charset=3Dks_c_5601-1987">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16945" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY><!-- Converted from text/plain format -->
<P><FONT size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial>Dear Colleagues,<BR><BR>I would =
hope that our=20
dream of a truly liberated life of Open World become easier from this=20
year!<BR><BR><FONT size=3D3><STRONG>Korean Version of Wave Rider ready =
to meet=20
readers early March</STRONG></FONT><BR><BR>Our year-long effort=20
of translating Wave Rider into Korean has ended and is going =
to meet=20
Korean readership early March. I invited Mgr. Jung, a high-level =
manager,=20
of SEC (Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.) to an opportunity to write a=20
recommendation letter for the book. He came to OS forum early in 2009. =
He was=20
pleased to take the job and invited us, myself and Jackie, to his =
workplace in=20
Suwon, a two-hour ride southward from Seoul.<BR><BR><FONT =
size=3D3><STRONG>Our=20
visitation to VIP (Value Innovation Program) Center of=20
SEC</STRONG></FONT><BR><BR>We found out that he was one of the starting =
staff of=20
VIP center which has been functioning as the growth engine of SEC since =
1998=20
right after IMF crisis hit Korea. At the heart of the center is Value =
Growth.=20
Knowing that SEC is now the leader (Number 1 in Revenue in the Industry=20
globally) in the Electronics & Electrical Products Manufacturing =
industry=20
globally the center must have performed its mission (Value Growth)=20
successfully.<BR><BR>As the growth engine for SEC, the center has been =
turning=20
SEC into a top-down-based learning organization that has facilitated =
learning=20
and practicing multi-facets of VALUE ENGINEERING from various approaches =
(value=20
formulae or success formulae) that have been tested and worked elsewhere =
in the=20
world including a host of certified value engineering programs such as =
Russian=20
TRIZ (Theory of Inventive Problem Solving), GVE (Group Value =
Engineering), Value=20
Innovation, Value Functional Team etc.  He inspired Fortune =
magazine to=20
cover SEC's successful application of TRIZ. Now, SEC has realized that =
there's=20
nowhere to learn and now it's time to CREATE its own success formulae. =
He seems=20
to think OST can do the job in the future.<BR><BR><FONT =
size=3D3><STRONG>Corporate=20
Environment that Blocks His Trial of OST</STRONG></FONT><BR><BR>He has =
tried OST=20
in SEC by running his own meeting with his staff. He was discouraged or=20
disappointed, however, by corporate atmosphere (his peers and =
colleagues) that=20
psychologically blocks trial of uncertified methods and practices =
(uncertain=20
territory); an experience of bad feeling. Throughout the visitation he =
expressed=20
need of Certification program for Wave Rider (or OST). He also stressed =
that=20
once the certification program is launched it can attract not only VIP =
(Value=20
Innovation Program) Center of SEC but also other emergent world-class =
companies=20
from Korea such as other Samsung companies, Hyundai, LG, Daewoo etc. I =
truly=20
think this has worldwide implication.<BR><BR><FONT =
size=3D3><STRONG>Aligning needs=20
of corporate workers with needs of expanding use of OST/WR (Strong =
Request from=20
SEC)</STRONG></FONT><BR><BR>- Certificates for graduates of WR course=20
authenticated by worldwide Open Space Community (symbolically =
represented by HO=20
or anyone he recommends).<BR><BR>- An Intranet-based WR Software Package =
using 8=20
Steps of Wave Riding with growing database on Wave Riding (OS cases and =
other=20
cases of self-organization).<BR><BR>- Transformation of too-structured =
high=20
performing rigid SEC system into a High Performing Human =
System.<BR><BR><FONT=20
size=3D3><STRONG>Our First Take</STRONG></FONT><BR><BR>1. Commemorate =
coming of WR=20
by announcing launching of 3-Day Wave Rider Training program =
(certification=20
program for graduates) with publication of Korean version WR as a formal =

invitation for every reader.<BR><BR>2. Open Space Korea will =
contribute six=20
percent of the WR Certification program income to OS community for =
OSONOS=20
including access queen and other OS initiatives such as exploring OS in=20
cyberspace and massive transformation.</FONT></FONT></P>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial>We consider the request from SEC =
for=20
Certification as a user request for Empowerment for trying the new. And =
I trust=20
the Certification Program will help remove barriers (especially in Asian =
ethos=20
and mythos) to encourage Wave-riders to try Open Space at their =
hardwired=20
workplace.<BR><BR>The certification and WR book will serve as =
formal=20
invitation to Truly Fulfilling Life: a Chaordic Dance.<BR><BR>I also =
hope that=20
this help us (entire OS community now and future) sustain our journey =
and enjoy=20
more OSONOSes worldwide.<BR><BR>As we always do, any idea will enrich=20
feasibility of this WR Certificate program. </FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial></FONT></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial>You are surely =
invited!<BR><BR><BR>Thanking=20
You All,<BR><BR>S<BR><BR>Spark<BR>Open Space Institute of Korea,<BR>Open =
Quest=20
Squad<BR>3rd Fl., Samkyung Bldg., 372-10, Seokyo-dong, Mapo-gu, 121-210, =
Seoul,=20
Korea spark at openspace.kr<BR>Phone: 82-2-353-6356<BR>Mobile:=20
82-10-7247-0636<BR></FONT><A href=3D"http://www.openspace.kr"><FONT=20
face=3DArial>http://www.openspace.kr</FONT></A><BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.openspaceworld.org"><FONT=20
face=3DArial>http://www.openspaceworld.org</FONT></A><BR><A=20
href=3D"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Space_Technology"><FONT=20
face=3DArial>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Space_Technology</FONT></A=
><BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.artofhosting.org"><FONT=20
face=3DArial>http://www.artofhosting.org</FONT></A><BR><FONT =
face=3DArial>"High=20
Play, High Learning"-> High =
Performance<BR></DIV></FONT></FONT></BODY></HTML>
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D