SV: SV: Any experiences of OS and demonstrations?

Robyn Williams pov at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 23 15:51:18 PST 2010

Hi Eva

As a person who is sometimes amongst (non-violent) protest/demonstration
groups 'outside', I would love to be invited inside to be part of open and
respectful conversations, to listen and learn about the motivations and
goals of those 'inside', and to contribute to improving options and
solutions.

In my experience, protesters are mostly concerned and informed citizens who
wish to be heard and participate yet are disenfranchised by the processes of
the dominant paradigm. So keep breathing, no need to be afraid. "Swarming
crowds' and "hate groups" are an extreme and suggest long-term exclusion
from a process.

It sounds as though the demo's organising group is known and can be
contacted beforehand. I recommend that an invitation is offered as soon as
possible.

Best wishes
Robyn Williams
Fremantle