Any experiences of OS and demonstrations?

Nici Richter nici.richter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 11:33:04 PST 2010

Hello Eva from a very hot and sunny Johannesburg in beautiful South Africa!

I have facilitated various informal and formal group / focus group
discussions in the past 25 years. I have recently been exposed to OST and
think it has HUGE potential. It WORKS!

i Suggest you consider doing the following:

*Firstly *identify the EXACT scope of what they want to achieve by the end
of the gathering.

   - A. Define with them what is '*demonstation' *in their minds.
   - B. Define with them what is the '*proposal' *and how it ties in with *
   'demonstration'*.
   - C. Define with them how the *'theme*' of the meeting *ties in with A)
   'demonstration' and B) 'theme'* so that you will have an outcome that
   links up with the 'expectations' of the organization.

*Secondly* decide in your mind if all three objectives are cohesive and to
some extent logical.

*Thirdly *decide if you want to expose the WHOLE group of people to all of
the intellectual debates that can be held around defining the three issues
mentioned above.

   - If *'YES' *- decide what and how to involve all present all at once -
   beware this could be a bit hectic! Make SURE they understand what you want
   to achieve
   - IF *'NO' *- decide how you are going to ask the group to tackle each
   issue - perhaps some groups doing  A and some B and some C and then you
   compare what they think.

Fouthly:

   - *NB! INVOLVE THE ORGANISATION'S PEOPLE IN THE WHOLE PROCESS.*
   - **
   - *NB! REMIND THEM (AND YOURSELF) THAT THERE IS 'NO RIGHT' OR 'WRONG 'IN
   LIFE. LIFE IS JUST LIFE AND FOR THAT REASON IT IS UNPREDICTABLE AND JUST
   HAPPENS IN SPITE OF OUR BEST PLANS TO 'CONTROL' WHAT HAPPENS IN LIFE.*

Fithly

*Do not set yourself up for 'failure' be 100% honest in what you think you
can achieve with OST and follow your 'gut' AND BE TRUE TO YOURSELF.*
*Do YOU will it work? Why?*
*Do YOU think it will not work? Why?*

Kind regards

Ms Nici Richter