Fr Brian Bainbridge

Gabriel Shirley gabriel at bigmindconsulting.com
Tue Feb 2 19:16:39 PST 2010

Hello All,

I want to tell you my secret about Father Brian.

Whenever I found myself at a gathering with him, I knew there would be late
nights filled with worthwhile conversation. Probably at the nearest watering
hole. Brian was often (though certainly not always) quiet in the crowds we
experienced together, leaving space for others to speak. But late at night
he was a wonderful talker and storyteller... fabulously opinionated,
compassionate, self-deprecating, and funny as hell. He would stay up as late
as the conversation lasted... until it was over.

I smile as I think about him. He will always be a significant presence in my
life. And I will miss those late nights.

Gabriel

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:22 PM, Viv McWaters <viv at thereef.com.au> wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> > Father Brian Bainbridge passed away in his sleep, early morning on
> Tuesday, February 2, 2010.  It was a sad surprise to us all - in fact, he
> just sent out an Open Space OZ newsletter the evening before.
>
> I am in such shock right now and very, very sad. Brian has been a dear
> friend, and mentor for many years and we have been working and playing
> together since the early 1990s. Most recently we offered Open Space Training
> here in Melbourne, usually once or twice a year. In fact, we were trying to
> get dates sorted for this coming March. Brian would often come and have
> dinner with us here at Bells Beach. We'd share food, wine and stories. We
> travelled together to WOSonOS events in Vancouver, Goa and San Francisco,
> and hosted WOsonOS in the now destroyed town of Marysville. Brian went to as
> many OSonOs events as he could and always kept me up-to-date with all of the
> OS community shenanigans. I have so many great memories of Brian I don't
> even know where to start. I will keep you informed of details regarding the
> funeral.
>
> Best
>
> Viv
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~