Brian - Funeral arrangements

Denis Hitchens dchitch at ozemail.com.au
Tue Feb 2 17:41:57 PST 2010

The oldies may remember me from earlier times and be aware that I am an
almost lifelong friend of Brian

In addition to Viv's advice regarding no flowers, Brian had expressed a view
in other less healthy times that if something like this did occur he would
like donations to the Vinnies, St Vincent de Paul Society internationally,
which was his favourite parochial activity

For any who can't make it during the day on Friday but want to attempt
another time there will be a Vigil Mass at 7.00 pm at the same church on
Thursday night 4 Feb

The deep grief on the list is widely shared by those who crossed his paths
over many sub-journeys of his life of spreading the Jesus story in the form
of practising deep inclusion

In memory of a

'wandering priest'

in his own self-assesment

peace

Peace is not an end in itself. It's the healing of us so that we can then be
         the vehicles of that kind of energy or peace, wherever we go.
                     --  Thomas Keating, Trappist monk

>Brian's funeral will take place here in Melbourne on Friday 5 February at
11 am at St Scholastica's Church, 328 Burwood Hwy, Bennetswood (no flowers
by request)