Seeking Language for "Leadership Team"

ashley cooper mail.easilyamazed at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 11:31:40 PST 2010

Hello,

We are producing an event (TEDxNextGenerationAsheville). There is a group
that meets monthly and then there is a smaller (leadership) group that meets
weekly. I'm looking for a creative name for this smaller group. Leadership
Team isn't quite right... feels limiting to the sense of leadership and yet
the group is made of those currently leading in the most formal ways.
Leadership Team feels so serious! We can be the leadership team without
calling ourselves that! Someone suggested core team but that also feels
limiting to me as each contributor is core to this event coming alive. The
smaller group is those who are able to invest more energy and time to the
project and who are enthusiastically helping to hold pieces of the whole.
The members of the small group are also the coordinators of various
committees. I'm drawing a blank on creative ideas as is the rest of the
team.... and so I thought I might turn to you!

Thanks for any ideas!
ashley