Happy Birthday Dad!

Peggy Holman peggy at peggyholman.com
Thu Dec 2 08:03:15 PST 2010

Harrison,

I may not be responding to many OSlist messages these days but I wouldn't miss this thread for anything!

Thank you, Harrison, for the many, many gifts you've given to me and to us.

A short list of your gifts to me:
- your love and support
- your irascible humor
- your partnership in wonderful gatherings like the Practice of Peace and Leadership in a Self-organizing World

A short list of your gifts to us all:
- Open Space itself
- your teachings in your books and the fabulous 5-CD set (which OSI-US is in the process of making downloadable) called Understanding Open Space
- the idea for the Open Space Institutes

And the lessons I learned from you that are at the heart of my practice:

*  generosity of spirit (Open Space is free for the taking. the only responsibility is to give back - share what you learn)
*  focus on the essence (all the rest is details)
* simplicity of design  (what's one less thing to do and still be whole and complete?)
* inclusion/invitation (welcome the stranger)

Open Space changed my life.  And through it, so have you.

Much love to you, my friend,
Peggy

_________________________________
Peggy Holman
peggy at peggyholman.com

15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006
425-746-6274
www.peggyholman.com
www.journalismthatmatters.org

Engaging Emergence: Turning Upheaval into Opportunity

"An angel told me that the only way to step into the fire and not get burnt, is to become
the fire".
  -- Drew Dellinger