the future of the oslist -- news and a proposal

Raffi Aftandelian raffi_1970 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 19 12:00:04 PDT 2010

Michael,

Just wanted to say thanks for this update, for doing all this research, and
for putting forward a proposal.

I'm all for it.

I'd really prefer us to move to somewhere besides a googlegroup- if only
because I've been discouraged and saddened to see where Google is going in
relation to the net neutrality issue. *And* I can't offer a good alternative
to a googlegroup. And what you say about googlegroup functionality I agree.
I use googlegroups and rather like the ease of use.

What assistance do you think will be needed to take this forward, *if* this
is the way we moved forward?

And yes, I would like to contribute a few kopecks, centimes, euros, rials,
tomans, sheckels, and rubles to sustaining this butterfly and bumblebee
migration.

in gratitude,
raffi

p.s. does this mean we'll have to organize a "Goodbye Boise" party. And then
organize a virtual houseworming on Goggle???
san diego