OS and Videoblogging - an experiment with democratic empowement

Jeppe Lajer jeppelajer at mac.com
Tue Aug 31 03:48:00 PDT 2010

Dear OS practitioners

I am starting a project  on innovating user involvement for a Cultural
Citizens House in Copenhagen, Denmark

Our vision is to empower the users to take strategic leadership of the
house.

METHODS: Our model is a combination of offline meetings (think tank
workshops and Open Space sessions) in combination with online meetings
(videoblogging and other online tools for discussion)
RYTHM: We will run a cycle for an entire year starting with three
strategic questions posed by the Think tank (a group of cultural
personalities) in AI manner and then the discussion (questions,
replies, ratings and comments) will run on the a videoblog - based on
Youtube - throughout the year
Every 6 months an open space session in collaboration with different
artists will take the discussion from the net into physical space.

The unique thing we are trying to hit is a creative interaction
between the to spaces - online and offline - and video will be the
link...
(we received funding from the government - aproximately 100.000 $.

NOW - im wondering:

Has any of you guys had any experience of the like?

Can anyone mention examples - possibly to be found on the internet?

Does anyone have experience with videodocumenting open space -
particularly in terms of opening of for further video discussions on
the web - and vice versa: Running OS omn the basis of a video dialogue?

Do you know of videoblogging og youtube examples that could relate to
this (a Q&A interaction that feeds more discussion rather than just a
1-2)

Does this make sense to you?

"Hvadsomhelst kan flyve, bare det får fart nok på"
  - Sir Richard Branson, Virgin Corp. -

Bedste Hilsner
Jeppe Lajer
jeppelajer at mac.com