Changing public meetings

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Sun Sep 20 18:09:21 PDT 2009

I love synchronicity!  Last night I was at a friend's 50th birthday
party and found myself in a conversation with a long-time city planner
who works for King County (the county Seattle is part of).  He was
speaking of the worsening behavior at public meetings.  I offered that
perhaps it was time to use new forms of public participation, in which
people actually spoke with each other.  The concept was completely
foreign to him.

Today I read your eloquent story, a perfect example to share with
him.  So, thank you for telling the story I needed at this moment!

appreciatively,
Peggy

______________________________
Peggy Holman
The Open Circle Company
15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006
425-746-6274
www.opencirclecompany.com
www.journalismthatmatters.org

For the new edition of The Change Handbook, go to:
www.bkconnection.com/ChangeHandbook

"An angel told me that the only way to step into the fire and not get
burnt, is to become
the fire".
   -- Drew Dellinger