osonos 2009

Raffi Aftandelian raffi_1970 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Sep 13 19:43:51 PDT 2009

Lisa, thanks much for the question!

Sometimes humor does not translate well. That message was a reference to the
parliamentary Robert's Rules of Order.

What I meant to say:
Having also had the opportunity to be an osonos co-host (and having
participated in 4 such events) I just wanted to say that I really share what
michael and wendy are saying.

The moment of "choosing" where the conference goes next is indeed one of the
most scarcity-based moments of the event. And on top of that it has been sad
to see how the way the "decision" is made has not always been transparent.

So, I also share excitement about the possibility of there being more than
one "world" (whirled?) osonos, with the possibility of including others via
voice and video.

of course, this dreaming *kind of* misses the point. there's been this open
space on open space event that has been going on with some 500+ people
nonstop, all sitting in one (!) circle; at all hours of the day)...for some
13 years now. Participation is free (just about).

It's called the oslist.

warmly,
raffi