New Ebook - Opening Up: Creative Storying at Work

Andrew Rixon andrew at babelfishgroup.com
Tue Sep 29 00:09:10 PDT 2009

Dear All,

It must be the month of ebooks.

I've just released an ebook titled "Opening Up: Creative Storying at Work".

The link to buy below:

http://www.lulu.com/content/e-book/opening-up-creative-storying-at-work/7715
185

Some praise written about it:

"This little book is a big and timely reminder of the usefulness of stories
in a complex world. Andrew Rixon's wise commentary along with the stories
themselves help us remember the importance of relationship as well as task.
Some of the stories are fables, others personal.  All are pointy and have
the tasty tang of paradox. We are offered a gentle nudge, reminding us to
slow down, to look back, to reflect.  We realise that where there is
complexity there is more than one answer."

--Paul Z Jackson, Inspirational coach and co-author of The Solutions Focus,
Making Coaching and Change Simple

"This is a book that is artistic, entertaining, and full of practical
wisdom. It develops the idea that in a complex work, sometimes doing a
simple beginning, middle end narrative is not enough.  It is also important
to look at the middles, the living stories that have no ending, are in the
moment of presentness, and have an openness of time, where multiple endings
are still possible."

-- David M. Boje, Author of Storytelling Organizations

"Story! For a long time, that was how humans remembered knowledge, and
recorded wisdom, and conveyed it to others.  Story was what made the
knowledge rich and memorable and learnable. There was, and still is, a magic
to story that is still available to those of us who use it.  Andrew Rixon is
one of these people.  As he says in many ways in this readable and
entertaining book, a time of growing complexity is a time for greater use of
story."

-- Bob Dick, Inveterate Action Researcher and Author of "Helping Groups to
be Effective"

Warm regards,

Andrew

--

Andrew Rixon PhD
Director
Email: andrew at babelfishgroup.com

Interested in Story and Narrative? Be sure not to miss our national
conference October 8 and 9th titled: "Celebrating Story: Approaching change
one story at a time". Download the interactive brochure here
<http://www.babelfishgroup.com/files/CelebratingStoryConference.pdf> .