Give peace a dance! global time-synchronized prayer & dancing for world peace Sat Sept 26

Patricia Haines levelgreeninstitute at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 15:27:37 PDT 2009

Thanks for passing this along to Friends & Relations in Ithaca and beyond:

By yourself, with friends, in your backyard, in the town square, wherever you live ...
 Join hundreds of thousands around the globe at 7 pm this coming Saturday who - all at the exact same time - will share a prayer for world peace (see below) - reinforced by the universal harmonics of music and dance.
EARTHDANCE began in 1997 as one person gathering his neighbors. Last year over 350 groups in 60 countries joined the dance <earthdance.org>.  John Lennon’s legacy coming true:  “Imagine all the people...”!
Ithaca’s first community EARTHDANCE will be at the Level Green Farm (1519 Slaterville Rd, on the valley side just past where Pine Tree enters Rt 79E) from 6-11ish on Saturday night. Two live bands, DJ Gourd, drum circle - all ages welcome.
Co-hosted by Danby’s Land of Dawes, the gathering is FREE, and open to the public.
We do, however, invite free-will donations to support the Community Foundation’s Social Justice Fund, Earth Day 2010 (<ces-ithaca.org>), the upcoming Finger LakesBioneers Conference (Oct 16-18 <wemakeourfuture.org>), or your favorite justice and peace organization.
If you can’t join us in person but would like to support these local forces for local and global peace, donations may be sent to the Community Foundation of Tompkins County (309 N.Aurora St) or the Center for Environmental Sustainability (CES), c/o Level Green, 1519 Slaterville Rd, Ithaca, 14850
EARTHDANCE PRAYER FOR WORLD PEACE"We are one global family
All colors, All races
One world united.
We dance for peace and the healing of our planet Earth
Peace for all nations.
Peace for our communities.
And peace within ourselves.
As we join all dance floors across the world,
let us connect heart to heart.
Through our diversity we recognize Unity.
Through our compassion we recognize Peace.
Our love is the power to transform our world.
Let us send it out
NOW...”
LEVEL GREEN - fostering sustainable community through collaborative initiatives in hospitality, education and the arts, in the 150 year-old democratic  spirit of the Danish Folk School. 1519 Slaterville Road, Ithaca, NY 14850 (607) 339-9472