Open space with youth 9 - 16?

Brett Barndt barndtbrett at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 19:28:09 PDT 2009

Does any one have any info about using open space with young people ages 9 -
16? Are there any significant opportunities and factors to consider in
design?

We are working on convening open spaces in communities around the US for
youth to explore their views, issues, ideal futures, and action dreams
around the theme of media in their communities and in the whole world.

We are very excited, as our initial inquiries with small groups of young
people say they are very aware of the perversity in the US media all around
them and specifically targeting them. They have many ideas, and need the
chance to re-imagine media.

We really look forward to their new ideas for youth generated media systems
and formats, and the change that will happen in our media system as a
result.

Thank you

Best regards,
Brett

--
Seek first to understand, then be understood. Stephen Covey