WOSONOS 2009 and Then.......

Gail West icataiw at ms69.hinet.net
Fri Sep 11 00:34:15 PDT 2009

Dear Colleagues,

In preparing the the 2009 WOSONOS in Taiwan we're grateful for the
wisdom passed down to us from previous hosts and participants in
Monterey, Toronto, Chicago, Berlin, Vancouver, Australia, Swenmark,
Goa, Nova Scotia, Moscow, Kiev, San Francisco.  Great traditions have
developed over these years to make the WOSONOS accessible to as many
as want to join in.

Some of the values that have formed:  Moving around the world -
Europe, North America, Asia, South, Eastern Europe, Some place
different from last year, etc.  Having an OS Institute or strong core
group of practitioners, thriving OS community.  Being accessible (as
much as possible - driving is good, being on an island more
difficult!).  Having at least 1 year in advance so participants can
plan ahead and the host team can manage it.  Last year it was
suggested that having 2 years in advance is preferable to enable
individual's planning ahead.  The "askers" have then make their
thoughtgul and enticing presentations/invitations at the closing of
the the WOSONOS to give a sense for their country, the OS community
there, why them? and then a consensus is arrived at by those
gathered, and the talking stick from Vancouver 2001 is passed on.

Last year in San Francisco, Berlin extended their invitation for 2010
and we are expecting their representatives to be in Taiwan to share
that.  And so then - who is thinking about inviting for 2011?  We
hope you will join us in Taiwan in October ;-) .  However, if you are
not able to be here appoint a proxy who will be here.  Please let us
know your intentions and aspirations so we can factor this into our
time together!

We welcome and look forward to the conversation.............

Gail
for the 2009 Host Team

--
Gail West