Passion and Responsibility based Governance Model: Dynamic Self-Governance (Sociocracy) Workshop

Zelle Nelson zelle at knowplacelikehome.com
Tue Sep 1 17:32:35 PDT 2009

Hello ~

Maureen McCarthy and I have come across a fascinating governance
process that is built on:

• Passion and responsibility for each member of the organization,
government body, non-profit, family, etc.
• Double-linked, overlapping circles of interest/responsibilities
• "Law of Two Feet" and Marketplace like action-based decision making
process in circle
• Continual "Leading, Doing, Measuring" cycle of improvement

Dynamic Self-Governance (Sociocracy) has it's modern day origins in
the Netherlands and is now used across all types of organization with
great success.

We're co-sponsoring a Workshop coming up, September 18-20 near
Asheville, NC USA, where you can learn about how this process works.

To find out more about Dynamic Self-Governance (Sociocracy): http://governancealive.com/

or Read the book: We the People Consenting to a Deeper Democracy by
John Buck and Sharon Villines: http://www.sociocracy.info/book.html

or Attend the Workshop (see the flyer: http://maureenandzelle.com/sociocracy.htm)
; and/or read more below:

DYNAMIC GOVERNANCE WORKSHOP

Dynamic Self-Governance, also known as Sociocracy, is a cutting edge
system of running organizations that uses systems and chaos theories.
Organizations and communities using this model are flexible,
efficient, inclusive, resilient, sustainable, creative and fun.
Dynamic Self-Governance maximizes efficiency and equality and is being
adopted by communities, businesses and nonprofits.

A two day training on dynamic governance is now offered in Asheville,
NC. More information is provided below.

DATES & TIME - Weekend Workshop
Friday, September 18 at 7:00—9:00 pm
Saturday, September 19 at 9:00 am—5:00 pm
Sunday, September 20 at 9:00 am—5:00 pm

PLACE
Highland Lake - The LakeHouse Lodge & Spa
447 Lily Pad Lane
Flat Rock, NC 28731
828-693-5070
www.highlandlake.com

REGISTRATION
Call or email:
800-870-2092
contact at governancealive.com

PRICE
Workshop Fee: $200
Lunch: $10/day (optional)
Lodging: $125 per night at The LakeHouse Lodge & Spa

Please forward this information to all interested individuals, reserve
your seat early, and let us know if you have any questions.
~~~~~

We can see many cross-over and synergistic opportunities to combine
Open Space, Dynamic Governance, and other tools like the State of
Grace Document and Appreciative Inquiry in an organization based on
passion and responsibility. We'd love to have you join us!

with grace and love,

Zelle

Zelle Nelson
Know Place Like Home • Engaging the Soul at Work • State of Grace Document
www.knowplacelikehome.com
www.engagingthesoulatwork.com
www.stateofgracedocument.com
zelle at knowplacelikehome.com