Taiwan Presbyterians, Politicians and Aboriginal Leaders

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Tue Oct 27 06:06:24 PDT 2009

Doug:

The sponsor decided with other supportive contacts to go for the 4 day event.  The first two were aimed at senior level leaders and the last two (the facilitator learning journey) aimed at folks that might be facilitators.  He hoped that some who experienced the first two would show up for the last two days at a different venue (a retreat centre).  His plan worked partly because his invitations were personal, by telephone. He was also responsible for overseeing the PCT response to the Typhoon the previous month, which was still going on.  It also worked because the first two days with brief framing from me on grief work and wave riding and two potent OST events generated the clarity and enthusiasm for a good group to carry over to the learning journey event.

The sponsor had previously been asked to facilitate a high level ongoing group to deal with issues related to Taiwan Independence. His Toronto supporter had previously been a member of the legislature. I had a reputation from my previous work and my being the ``Rev. Dr.`` didn`t hurt.  This had created the trust levels necessary, plus his mandate includes working with social justice and aboriginal issues.

I would certainly do it again under the right circumstances.  A wonderful sponsor who really gets it is critical to this kind of event.  (I currently see a dearth of such sponsors in Toronto.)

Larry

Larry Peterson & Associates in Transformation
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
larry at spiritedorg.com   416.653.4829 http://www.spiritedorg.com