OST 1,5 day: Any suggestion? And Action Planning thoughts

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Thu Oct 22 05:01:23 PDT 2009

Dear Michael Wood,
people announce their "projects" in Action Planning and then these (A3
sheets)are posted around the room, encircling the circle, on pinwalls.
As they are posted, the A4 template is pinned next to them.
If there are more than 7 or so projects, we turn half of the pinwalls
around (this creates two action planning rounds, when there are 21
prjects, then there are 3 rounds, about 20 to 25 minutes each)...this
seems to support a more relaxed and at the same time more concentrated
activity with folks wandering around with a cup of coffee, small groups
everywhere discussing stuff.
When all is done, everyone is invited to have a final look at everything
that has been worked and agreed upon around the projects. After that
there is little to no interest to "hear" once more what all the Next
Steps agreed upon are.
The A4 templates sort of get filled in more and more during the process
and there seems to be a final "check" in the last round where all
participate.
I do, however, say a few sentences about the impact of a specific,
easily executed Next Step in systems (maybe I impress myself mostly with
this stuff, but it works pretty well).
In the final analysis, all those things that people put down on A4 or in
other formats or just in their calendars (during the final round people
often have their calendars with them) are only the shadows of what they
really are going to get into.
In Next Meetings I am regularly amazed about the vast number of things
that nobody even said peep about at the event emerge...and regulary I
run into people in the street telling me what they are into (the os
event was 4 or 5 or more years ago)with a clear perception that all this
started with the os event.
This has a humbling effect on me and has made me be much more relaxed
than I used to be around Action Steps, less attached to outcome is very
productive, it seems...
Greetings from Berlin

PS: Michael, you are invited to include yourself in the world map so
that I can "see" you when writing to you...there are already a bunch of
great faces among the 8 in the Australian part of the map

--
Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
mmpanne at boscop.org
www.boscop.org

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 455 resident Open
Space Workers in 72 countries working in a total of 140 countries worldwide
Have a look:
www.openspaceworldmap.org