"Proactively" designed OS?

Gerard Muller gm at openspace.dk
Sun Oct 11 10:44:35 PDT 2009

One example I came to think of was when a couple of years ago a group
of three people in Amsterdam decided something needed to be done about
to close the divide between different ethnic groups and stereotypical
thinking about "the others".  As they all three were well-educated
well-to-do white Dutch,
they decided to have a meeting where each of them would bring 2-3
others from their environment (friends, collegues, a shopkeeper in
their area or whoever).
A this point I was asked to join, too. The outcome of that meeting was
the decision to hold an Open Space. Each of the - now nine - in the
preparation group which
had been formed in this elegant way, was to personally invite 7 others
they knew from their own environment.

We had a great meeting !

Gerard