"Proactively" designed OS?

ELEDER AURTENETXE PILDAIN eleder.aurtenetxe at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 08:10:47 PDT 2009

Hello,

as far as I have read, OS is called by a community, company, association or
group that regularly works together, let's say.

My question is: *would OS work also if an individual invited openly people
for an Open Space about a topic that may get the interest of a general group
of people?* For example, do you think we - a facilitator or facilitating
team - (on our own through our social net, or, supported, maybe, by an
organisation that usually holds summer university courses, by a local
administration or so...) could call for OS events on this topic:
*
"the river in our city is painfully ill. Due to it, all of people here are
losing a great opportunity to enjoy a more local and healthy lifestyle.
Imagine you could daily walk or bike to the river, dive into and  swim in
it, and get back home,... wouldn't it be great for all of us? Can we do
something to enhance the recovery of the river? Can we dream about swimming
in it in, let's say, 10-15 years? Do you feel like acting on? Join us in OS
and let's start acting on it..."*

This may be a good way for facilitators to open space and spread OS practice
and let their dreams start coming true... it may also give birth to new
groups to deal with such topics from this OS meeting on...

What do you think about it?

Have you ever open such kind of space "proactively", let's say?

Do you know about similar experiences?

Kindest regards,
*
Eleder Aurtenetxe Pildain
BM31_BILBAO

* *Mind mapping - Open Space Technology - Creativity *
**
*
*www.in-fluyendo.blogspot.com*
*