Christopher Alexander and emergent people

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Sat Oct 31 14:49:54 PDT 2009

Space dancers--

        When you make a beautiful thing, the depth of the person within
        becomes more vivid, lives more intensely for a moment. In each
        of us, a person is existing, or waiting to exist. This person—
        the most free version of that person—does exist, occasionally,
        for brief glimpses. When one of us becomes free, this latent
        person inside comes to the light of day, exists then for a few
        moments, more vividly, more intensely.Christopher Alexander, The
        Nature of Order: An Essay on the Art of Building and The Nature
        of the Universe, Book Four: The Luminous Ground, p 262

Is this what happens when we open a space: we have made a thing of
beauty? Then this can happen for the persons within the circle we have
cast?

And is this found poetry?

			:- Doug.