SV: Power, hierarchy, and OS

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Sat Nov 28 05:24:35 PST 2009

...and I really like how well you (HO) have described people sitting in a
circle for an OS-meeting - sitting at the edge of chaos - I really think
that is true - and it does something to hierarchies of all sorts.

I get these questions once in a while too, based on assumptions that this or
that group might not be there on equal terms. My experience is that those
who are most engaged and most willing to take responsibility are often the
ones, people/sponsors least expect...

Had the question yesterday, planning an OS with culture workers, teachers
and politicians, where the assumption was that culture workers are more
creative and would take the space - the whole one....
And if teachers and politicians are not willing to stand up, that's their
choice - and I don't think they give in that easy...

Then I always invite the leaders to be patient and not bring up topics the
very first.
Cheers
Thomas