A minor point - perhaps.

Sharon Quarrington sharonq at pdesigns.com
Thu Nov 26 09:25:12 PST 2009

I've found that with some of our Open Spaces one of the client members
often "fix" the messy paper and pens setup in the middle of the ring -
and if that happens I leave it alone and sure enough once we open the
Market Place Chaos takes over and those neat stack disappear fairly
quickly.

For those clients I see this as a reflection of their journey into
Open Space - and if they are starting from a place of high structure
then that is reflected in the setup.

I will intervene though if someone trys to "straighten" the marketplace.

It's always interesting to see how things seem to work out in the end ;)

Sharon