A Thanksgiving Story with a link

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 05:57:16 PST 2009

Doug,

In regard to your two questions below on  "gift of time", I really don't
know...yet.

I'm still living in the present of my own experiences, trying to notice and
feel. What happens when we open a little bit of space and what happens when
there is more space opened? I think about the quality of that space in that
moment, noticing the difference when we have more time available, seeing it
all like an empty container ready to receive whatever happens. What's the
feeling and energy in the room? How does it emerge and shift in a shorter
session versus longer?

Then I remind myself how I felt not that long ago when I didn't know Open
Space, when I was too busy and rushed to action and end result as so many
are today. Consumed as I was, I could not notice then the "feel" and
"energy" of Open Space and what it opens up inside you. I had to experience
it to know it, as if in stages of knowing. A bit like Harrison's
descriptions of the griefwork stages, the living of it and the knowing of
it. We need both and then there's the matter of readiness which is also such
an individual thing.

So Doug, as I reflect on your simple questions (thank you by the way),  perhaps
instead of offering the "gift of time" I should be thinking of the "gift of
my intention" honoring that others will experience and discover in their own
way. On this, I see...a lifetime of learning and living :-}

But something else I noticed that's really cool is that in Open Space, stuff
happens almost "instantaneously" when people are asked to post a topic on
something that they are passionate about. Magic happens.

A matter of adding 2 + 2 together somehow??!!!

Thx again Doug.  Suzanne

s.daigle at nufocusgroup.com