SV: Creating an OS Room...

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Mon Nov 23 08:25:05 PST 2009

when i read your "principles and law always there", eva... i think, yes, and
the stock price, and the other measures of company or organization success,
clients served, whatever... all the metrics there on one wall, or in the
room... and a directory of all employees... for inviting.

and that remined me that the infrastructure required is more than this one
room.  and the room might not even be most important.  the mechanism for
doing the inviting might be more important.  and the cultural
acceptance/expactation that it be used, more important still than that
mechanism.

the way into all of this might be simply a calendar of meetings and
events... a very public schedule for the use of hte room, with convener,
themes, and times/dates.  and then there is some equivalent for posting the
news (in more detail than would show up in the metrics on the wall.)

how about cameras and mics, with an accompanying twitter-stream (internal to
company) so that people at distant desks could tune in the same way as those
passing by a glass-wall conference room can peak at what's being worked on?
with allowances, like curtains, for sensitive topics, of course.

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates

http://www.michaelherman.com
http://www.ronanparktrail.com