Vote for NVC, deadline Nov. 30th !

ashley cooper mail.easilyamazed at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 13:30:08 PST 2009

Hello all,

If you are a fan of NonViolent Communication and would love to have a fun
and accessible animation that explains it to others (like the Story of
Stuff<http://www.storyofstuff.com/>),
please vote for this project below. Thanks!

*Friends, supporters, and practitioners of NVC, can you imagine a world
where millions more people understand empathy as we do, and practice NVC?*

Here's an opportunity to contribute to the possibility of a web-based NVC
animation video that could potentially reach many millions of people. This
is based on voting for proposals, so you can directly affect this, and also
invite others to vote. *Voting ends DECEMBER 1st so if you choose to
support, please act quickly.*

(Currently, we are number 1 in our category (Peace and Non-Violence), but
barely holding on to being in the top 20 over all.  Only 300 people giving 3
votes each could push us in to the top spot.)
*HOW TO VOTE:*

1. Please, follow this link <http://youtopia.uservoice.com/users/new> to
sign up by filling the boxes, choosing a password, accepting the terms and
conditions and
clicking on "sign up". This must be done in order to cast votes.

2. You will be sent a confirmation email to the address you submitted.
Reply to that and you are now all set to vote!

3. Go to <http://youtopia.uservoice.com/pages/33750-peace-non-violence>. If
you like what you read, you can give "Conscious Communication for Change" up
to three votes!

4. Since this grant is in stiff competition, would you check inside and
see if you have willingness to take an extra moment to *forward this message
to your NVC friends*? Any lists that you are a member of that you would be
willing to send this to? Anyone else you imagine would be excited to support
this?

Thanks for your support.

Jared Finkelstein, François Beausoleil

Conscious Communication for Change
MORE DETAILS:

I am excited to let you know that Jared Finkelstein, a participant in our
leadership program, is partnering with Francois Beausoleil, a graduate of
the leadership program, assistant, then co-trainer, and certified trainer.
They are applying for a grant from Free Range Studios to produce
a web-based animation teaching viewers the concepts and skills of NVC in the
style of Free Range Studios highly successful Story of Stuff.
<http://www.storyofstuff.com/> This can be an amazing opportunity to bring
NVC virally to more people, and all you are asked to do it click and vote
(instructions at the end of this email).

Just like the Empathy Gap voting that the NVC community got mobilized to
support a year ago, we are hoping that many people will pass this along and
many votes will be cast in this way. Since this grant is based on voting,
without your vote and support it's unlikely to succeed.

So, if you like this idea, please mobilize all the lists you mobilized last
year. We got in top in our category last time, and that power can possibly
make this happen.

The grant proposal looks like this, and can be found in the Peace and
Non-Violence category.

Conscious Communication for Change

BayNVC - Non-Profit - www.baynvc.org

Can you imagine a world in which everyone matters and people have the skills
for making peace? Nonviolent Communication (NVC), the practice informing
this vision, nurtures responsibility for our choices and feelings, and the
capacity to meet others with empathy. Mutual understanding and care for our
shared human needs can then provide a foundation for connecting across our
differences to resolve conflicts with ease. Collaborating with Free Range
can increase visibility for the tools and consciousness of NVC, allowing
many more people to wake up, transform their habitual responses to life, and
contribute to a world that works for all.

--
"Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about
it." ~ Mary Oliver

www.wovenessence.net
www.easilyamazed.com/blog