Shadow Dancing

Kathie Wallace kathieace at LYCOS.COM
Fri Nov 20 09:03:11 PST 2009

Shadow Dancing
I danced through my brokenness, I danced through my fears, I danced until
I was free. (Adapted from Rumi)

This is just what I know as truth:

In all I do I carry the intent of a dual vision that as I speak and act, I
am the whole collective of humanity and so we all transform, as far as I
know.

Words do not serve us well and I believe that in the next 5 years, at
most, they will no longer be our primary tool of communication.

We are in the midst of a revolution that is an evolution of humanity. It
is collective in nature because we are one, whole, self-emerging, self-
organizing entity awakening to itself. We are an energy being.

As energy, we move through what I call “dissonance ridges” in order to re-
pattern in the new form that wants to emerge. It is central to our
evolution that we learn and articulate to ourselves what we are and how we
function and shadow dancing is at the heart of it.

I am currently writing a book called Spiral Dialogues that presents the
new paradigm way of engaging in dialogue in community. Its central tenet
is that, as a collective of oneness, we can only engage on a level playing
field.

I have been doing what you call Open Space for over 30 years in various
venues. As a teacher of English and drama for 12 years, my classroom was
an Open Space where 7000 children were empowered to step into strong self-
esteem and happiness. When I experienced your OST in Vancouver at the 2001
Spirituality and Sustainability Conference, I was electrified because I
saw the glimmerings of what we have to do to be a community. Again, a
level playing field is central.

When I come into an experience, I know right away whether it is old or new
paradigm by observing the energy. If it is free-flowing, self-emerging,
and self-organizing, it is new paradigm. If one person is sucking the
energy so everyone is focused in just that one person’s direction, it is
old paradigm.

 The time of gurus and talking heads is over. I call myself a “wayshower”
which I define as a background facilitator or the “field”. For those of
you who know about quantum theory, old paradigm teachers are now facing
the challenge of becoming the resonant field that is filled with wisdom,
compassion, and love. It is not something one can just claim to be. There
is absolutely no place for ego in the field.  The ultimate buzz for me has
always been to give away power which is the work of the field empowering
others to step forward.

So in dialogue, in its greatest integrity and highest form, I believe
there is an invisible facilitator and an empty structure. This is the
basis of Spiral Dialogues.

I trust I have spoken well for the highest good for all.

Dancing high,

Kathie Wallace
Twitter at kathieace, Facebook, and Tribe are 3 places where I am sharing
new world information.