No one ever said life was easy...

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 06:42:28 PST 2009

...but there's no other place I'd rather be and that includes Open Space.

I do not really know you, yet I *feel* part of you. I feel part of this
“whole” called Open Space, the community I joined last April, the community
whose boundaries extend to a collective that’s been there since the
beginning of time.

I realize that I “fell in love” with Open Space or the concept of Open Space
because it felt right. It felt right then; it feels right now.  Chaos,
order, balance, harmony, joy, conflict, confusion, high performance,
energy,  emotions, feeling, self-organizing, shared leaderships,
etc…intellectually and intuitively, I related to all of these words and
concepts. I saw the connections to science, spirituality, philosophy,
community, organizations and living systems.   Wow!

On a more personal level, I felt the magic of Open Space every time and in
every place I went whether as a participant or a facilitator.  The deep
relationships that emerged so quickly still bring tears to my eyes. How
could this be?  How can this happen this fast? Living in the present is what
it taught me above all. Wow!

Today as I see the harsh  words swirling around, as I feel the raw pain and
heaviness of them without fully knowing or understanding, I wonder: is this
new growth emerging and is something dying in the process?  I think of
Harrison’s recent talks on grief work.  I hesitate to even mention this
knowing that as people feel hurt, we just want to feel it and not be talked
out of it or psychoanalyzed.  I’m sure that if I knew all the people, I
would feel sadness, compassion and an urge to heal and support as only a
self-organizing community can. I would maybe wonder what others are thinking
or feeling, as they judge and reflect. All I can say without knowing too
much is that this wonderful family of Open Space is very special indeed.
You, many whom I have yet to know and meet,  have built much over these
nearly 25 years for which I am grateful.  We are a living example of
self-organization and sustainability with all that goes with it.  Whatever
happens, happens.  I just know that the world needs more of who we are and
what we do, in it blooming authenticity!

Count me in, through thick and thin!

I look forward to "being" in Open Space and "doing" Open Space for many
years to come.
Suzanne

--
Suzanne Daigle