Powerful MW-reflection

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Wed Nov 25 09:41:46 PST 2009

Dear friends in Open Space/Genuine Contact (X-posted)

These past two days I facilitated a wonderful Open Space-meeting with +100
participants from two Universities that are merging. They all work within
the same field - business school - but all kinds of professions.

I always invite some reflections around different aspects of the Medicine
Wheel – Leadership, Vision, Community and Management. The question I pose is
something around how they experienced this during the meeting. It often is
powerful but this time I thing it actually was one of the most important
things that happened all through the days.

In a situation like this these aspects are important, of course, and in this
situation just as in every I have been in – there are so many different
definitions of, and assumptions around each of these aspects. Some very
interesting perspectives were shared and some major differing leadership
styles were shown clearly by different leaders.

I never comment on any comments but invite the group to share – run from
corner to corner with the mic – and the nice thing is how these clever folks
balance each others comments and how the wisdom in the group emerges and
flourishes. Lovely!

...and they want more open space...

Warm regards from the train home, after two full days

Thomas Herrmann Phone +46 (0)709-98 97 81
Open Space Consulting
Pensévägen 4
434 46 Kungsbacka, Sweden
Email:  <mailto:thomas at openspaceconsulting.com>
thomas at openspaceconsulting.com

<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Administrator\Application%20Data\Micr
osoft\Signaturer\www.openspaceconsulting.com> www.openspaceconsulting.com
Vill du skapa en välmående och effektiv organisation och ta tillvara hela
dess potential?

Open Space Consulting erbjuder dig:
* Lärtillfällen kring hälsa och balans i organisationer
* Analyser av organisatorisk hälsa och balans
* Handledning av effektiva och kreativa möten och konferenser
* Utbildning av mötes- och processhandledare
* Coaching för organisationer i förändring
Ingår i Beyond Performance Group
Vårt antivirusskydd scannar alla utgående mail. Infekterade mail stoppas
automatiskt.