working out disagreements - on distance

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Sun Nov 22 08:48:02 PST 2009

Dear friends in Open Space

I have not been able to follow the full discussion which is going on but I
have some painful experiences of my own trying to work out disagreements on
distance - so so much of our ways of communication are lost using Email(and
I think there are even added possibilities to grow/expand assumptions...),
so I have promised myself not to get into "heated/conflicting/emotionally
highly charged" discussions using this means of communication again (just as
I had even previously "told" my kids... before living it myself...;-))

I rather meet in person or give the person a call when I need to clear
misunderstandings or with whom I may have differing opinions regarding
things. Then of course, at times there may be a need to discuss important
issues in a larger circle. Then I will do my best to have a real time
meeting, face2face or on distance - facilitated, using the circle and other
"tools" we know to open and hold space.

Another thing I would like to share is the homework I was given many years
ago (by our friend Birgitt Williams) and that I am still working on. That is
to live according to the Fourfold Way by Angeles Arrien

*        Show up and be fully present

*        Tell the truth without blame or judgment

*        Follow what has heart and meaning

*        Be open to outcome, not attached to outcome

(I hope I remember them almost correct)

I do my best to live this way but at times need a reminder, so I share it at
times too.

Warmest regards and my highest appreciation for this community and a lot
that has been shared the last days

Thomas Herrmann

Thomas Herrmann Phone +46 (0)709-98 97 81
Open Space Consulting
Pensévägen 4
434 46 Kungsbacka, Sweden
Email:  <mailto:thomas at openspaceconsulting.com>
thomas at openspaceconsulting.com

<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Administrator\Application%20Data\Micr
osoft\Signaturer\www.openspaceconsulting.com> www.openspaceconsulting.com
Vill du skapa en välmående och effektiv organisation och ta tillvara hela
dess potential?

Open Space Consulting erbjuder dig:
* Lärtillfällen kring hälsa och balans i organisationer
* Analyser av organisatorisk hälsa och balans
* Handledning av effektiva och kreativa möten och konferenser
* Utbildning av mötes- och processhandledare
* Coaching för organisationer i förändring
Ingår i Beyond Performance Group
Vårt antivirusskydd scannar alla utgående mail. Infekterade mail stoppas
automatiskt.