Awesome Open Space training in Ottawa

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 12:11:51 PDT 2009

To the OS community

It’s been a whirlwind of Open Space living over the past 4 to 6 weeks.  First
introduced to the concept at an Art of Hosting event in Florida last
November; then joined the OS list community and became mesmerized with the
depth and content of story sharing from around the world.

In mid-April, I along with two business colleagues, attended Diane
Gibeault’s Open Space training workshop in Ottawa Canada and we became
totally hooked.  The generosity of spirit in the OS community was in full
bloom as Diane imbued us with her passion and depth of experience with Open
Space. We came back with many tips and tools and the conviction that can
only come from having lived in the self-organizing world of Open Space for
three days.

http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/daigle_Suzanne-185762-formation-forum-ouvert-ottawa-album-phot-open-space-photo-business-finance-ppt-powerpoint/

A few weeks later, I was travelling from Florida to Canada to lend a hand to
a fellow trainee from our Ottawa training as she prepared to host her first
Open Space with a diverse forestry group of about 30 people. With
butterflies in our stomach, we plunged right in and had the opportunity to
witness what happens when people’s passions are engaged. Some of the
participants held high ranking leadership positions, some worked in the
forest, others in government or university; some had PhDs or Masters degree,
others had limited education, but in those moments of Open Space, all were
equal. What a gift to witness their self-organizing energy and shared
passion. It was a great success.

Now I’ve just come back from the Wave Rider event on leadership and
self-organizing held in Washington State. I am brimming with these life
changing experiences and from the bottom of my heart, I want to thank all of
the Open Space trail blazers (or Wave Riders) from Harrison Owen, to Diane
Gibeault, to my many new friends and all those who are always “paying it
forward” in sharing what they know and do.  Thank you! thank you! thank you!

Suzanne