(non-ost) facilitators sought in dc

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at BK.RU
Thu May 7 15:20:15 PDT 2009

friends,
this is a call for table facilitators for a 21st Century Townhall event in
DC on Internet Access.

I've facilitated at two such events and think at the very least it's an
opportunity to talk to organizers and others about using ost and related
process arts for their work.

warmly
raffi

As you know, we are gearing up for our two events in Washington, D.C. next
week.  We have had a tremendous response so far and are still looking for
least 20 facilitators for our Free Press Summit: Changing Media.

http://freepress.net/summit

Would you be willing to send an email out to any of your contacts or other
facilitators who you know in the D.C. area?

We are also looking for people to post a notice to the International
Association of Facilitators forum and any other forum or listservs where
facilitators are sharing jobs and information.    I have included some
sample text below.

We appreciate in advance any help you can offer.

Warmly,

Jordan

Jordan Berg
Outreach Coordinator
Free Press :: www.freepress.net
413-585-1533 ext. 603

reform media. transform democracy.

https://secure.freepress.net/site/SSurvey?SURVEY_ID=3200&ACTION_REQUIRED=URI_ACTION_USER_REQUESTS

Hello Facilitators,

Free Press is seeking volunteer table facilitators for two exciting upcoming
events in Washington , D.C. These events are a great opportunity to share
your skills and to learn about communications policies for the digital age.

On Wednesday, May 13, we're holding the InternetforEveryone.org coalition
member meeting, the third in a national series of public conversations about
building a better Internet in America . This event will feature
InternetforEveryone.org coalition members, including Chris Libertelli,
senior director of government and regulatory affairs for Skype, and Inez
Gonzalez, director of media policy for the National Hispanic Media
Coalition, among others. Don't miss this valuable opportunity to help create
a people-powered, national broadband plan and to shape our country's
Internet future.

The next day, May 14, we're bringing together public interest advocates,
academics and industry innovators at the Free Press Summit : Changing Media.
This unique, interactive event will feature keynote speeches from top
policymakers including Acting FCC Chairman Michael Copps and Susan Crawford
of President Obama's National Economic Council, as well as small group
discussions about the future of media.

Register as a table facilitator today.

We are offering a $50 stipend for each event ($100 for both) to experienced
facilitators. Facilitators are also required to attend one conference call
training on Tuesday, May 12, at 12 p.m. ET or 7 p.m. ET to prepare for the
events. We will provide the necessary educational materials, as well as a
training session on the issues, prior to both events.

We’re looking for 12 facilitators for the InternetforEveryone.org coalition
member meeting and 45 for the Free Press Summit: Changing Media. Please
share this information with your networks of experienced facilitators.

RSVP now to facilitate discussions at one or both of the following events.

What: InternetforEveryone.org Coalition Member Meeting
When: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. ET
Where: Newseum , Washington , D.C.
Info: http://www.InternetforEveryone.org/events/dc

RSVP: Reserve Your Place (Only 12 facilitators are needed. Sign up today.)

What: Free Press Summit : Changing Media
When: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. ET
Where: Newseum , Washington , D.C.
Info: http://www.freepress.net/summit

RSVP: Reserve Your Place (Only 45 facilitators are needed. Sign up today.)

After you sign up online, a representative from Free Press will contact you
to answer questions and to provide additional information on the events and
training.  If you have any questions, please contact Jordan Berg at
jberg at freepress.net or by phone at 877-888-1533 x 603.

I look forward to seeing you on May 13 and 14!

Thank you,

Misty Perez
Campaign Coordinator
Free Press