Open Space Technology as a community development tool

Daniel Noriega daniel.noriega at COMMUNITYVISION.ASN.AU
Fri May 1 00:13:51 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

My name is Daniel and I have recently completed my training to conduct Open
Space gatherings. I'm really excited about using this tool in my job,
mainly working with people from culturally and linguistically diverse
background.

After completing the training, I realised OST addresses a lot of the
principles that form community development, and I would like to write an
essay on that aspect for my studies.

Has anyone done any research on OST as a tool for community development?
What are your thoughts?

My personal definition of Open Space is "about empowering people to act in
what matters to them".

Kind regards

Daniel