[OSLIST] Help!

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Tue Mar 31 20:26:58 PDT 2009

This just continues to give hope and inspiration.

The irony here is that the client IS familiar with Open Space and wants Open
Space type outcomes, just the kind that are expected froma conference of 500
people spending three sessions in Open Space.  We're harvesting proceedings
using laptops and a news room and uploading them to a webiste.  Nothing
unusual there.  And many of the participants will know what to do as well,
so that helps.

For me the circle is an entirely practical piece...it's about first of all
creating enough space to logistically make an open space meeting work.
Second, it's about the centre and the rim and that physical and metaphysical
structure, and third it is about the invitation on how to work together.
Some of the ideas for creating a metaphysical circle here are pretty cool,
and we will have lots of youth at this gathering and perhaps we can press
them into service.

The good news is that this flood of creative responses has given me the
energy and optimism I need to continue to engage the client constructively
and we had a good call today to talk about removing the tables.  It's not a
reticence to have a circle in this case...it's a purely logistical
consideration in terms of a few other things that are happening around the
Open Space - meals and an opening speaker.

So that's where we stand tonight.

Many thanks for the continued generosity.

Chris