filming OS event : what impact ?

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Wed Mar 18 03:05:38 PDT 2009

Dear Christine,
I have experienced about 20 os with filming going on (sometimes TV crews
that just stayed for a few minutes, sometimes cameras in the distance as
with the os with 2108 participants, sometimes roving cameras, even
several of them, sometimes a well worked out script)and some of the
results you can see in the videos/DVDs available at
> http://www.boscop.org/store

the boscop market place (there are additional "historic" videos that are
no longer for sale such as the one with gradeschool children where 3
cameras were involved).
A great example is also US Southwest, a kind of classic os-film, as far
as I am concerned...involving people actively through interview snips.
Since energy in an os event (and perhaps in all events)is a function of
passion and responsibility of the participants in a space/time matrix
within a complex adaptive system of their own making and under their own
control, the energy seems not influenced by filming. In fact, I have
seen parts of the system very energetically defending their space and
asking filmers to move on (this, by the way, is and should be mentioned
  as an option in the introductory remarks when the presence of
moviemakers is announced).
Good luck with your film project...and if you can sell it, you are
invited to open up a stall in the boscop market.
Greetings from Berlin
mmp

--
Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
mmpanne at boscop.org
www.boscop.org

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 459 resident Open
Space Workers in 73 countries working in a total of 139 countries worldwide
Have a look:
www.openspaceworldmap.org