presenting OST

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at BK.RU
Tue Mar 10 15:34:10 PDT 2009

dear friends and colleagues,

Today I came across a Russian-language presentation of OST in PDF file format

http://www.d-group.ru/facilitate/open-space/open_space.pdf

that was really inspiring.

I found this presentation to be one of the best I've ever seen in
articulating in a general sense what OST is and does by using a careful
combination of both visuals and texts...and at the same time engaging the
reader in reflection at key points (after a list of benefits or results of
OST there is a question in a box, "What would you hope to have as a result
of an OST meeting?")

I don't think you need to know Russian to be able to appreciate the
presentation.

And running the text of the file through an online translator like

translate.google.com

or

Babelfish should give you a good enough idea as to what this is about...

I bring this up because I have sometimes seen people read some of my own
very favorite descriptions of OST and not get it.

And just offering pictures along with text doesn't communicate clearly...

What are the OST presentations (and other presentations of methods) that
have inspired you?

warmly,
raffi