Whoever comes is the right people

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Wed Jun 24 08:58:15 PDT 2009

Well, the German version is
Die da sind, sind genau die Richtigen.
Which translates to
Those who showed up are exactly the right people.
Now that doesn't catch "Whoever comes is the right people" very well but
seems to work.
I always post this fact of life
(each fact gets a large poster all by itself, its just too much of a
blast to have all four on one poster and, dont forget, its not really
honoring each fact appropriately by cramming all four on one poster and,
in addition, those facts posted around the room are for my orientation,
too, which is hard when I have to look at the same poster all the time)
in such a way that it is the first thing people see when they enter the
room.
What I like about the English version (among the other things people
have mentioned already) is that people in the plural is a bunch of
folks, people in the singular is a group or nation. So in a way, the
"is" opens it up beyond individuals as well as to the crowd as a whole.
Greetings from Berlin
mmp

--
Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
mmpanne at boscop.org
www.boscop.org

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 452 resident Open
Space Workers in 72 countries working in a total of 140 countries worldwide
Have a look:
www.openspaceworldmap.org