Open Space being badly defined

Heidi Nobantu Saul heidi at nobantu.com
Mon Jun 15 12:35:12 PDT 2009

Chris, thanks for sharing your experience, perspectives and for being provocative… I have enjoyed and appreciated the posts that have followed yours so much as well

I clearly did not express myself clearly, fully or thoughtfully enough this morning when sending along my example. (or perhaps I did?) At any rate, I simply was enjoying and sharing the synchronicity that this one example of how Open Space is ‘modified’ landed in my in box along with the specific comment from my colleague in the middle of this discussion thread! Probably would not have shared it otherwise.

And since I’m writing again I’ll just add that regardless of what is right for this groups summit at this time and with no judgment intended about their choice and full acknowledgment that they do say ‘modified’ etc…   I do believe that something will be missed from not engaging non-modified, fully self-organizing Open Space – specifically the ‘it/magic’ that appears in full on, full let-go, one less thing to do self organizing HO wrote about earlier today.  And that’s ok too… since, what happens is indeed the only that could have!

Thoughtfully with a smile and heading out to have coffee with Uncle Fester in North Beach,

Heidi