list etiquette

Pat Black patoitextiles at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 06:05:58 PDT 2009

Hi Esther and all who have chimed in here,
I have been reading the threads knotted together here and have a thought to
add.  I don't think the issue here is the word etiquette.  The thread
diverged around the original subject line  Open Space Opened Badly.

      "I can just say in my own case, that I just had so much difficulty
seeing myself being part of a session called "Open Space defined badly"
    that I created a new one...

I think everyone understands the efficiency of keeping the same subject line
for the same thread.  Seems to me that people intentionally change it  as
the subject changes over time or in Raffi's case because he didn't want to
sign on to the original tone.  This is not an IT list this is the OST list.
There was no breach of etiquette for the OST list.  This was to accommodate
Kaliya's preference, no matter how efficient and sensible that preference
is, it is still a preference.  People prioritize their preferences by
different needs.  For me it is important to leave space for lots of
different dances.  I learn new steps that way.
Pat Black