NYT article

Martin Boroson marty at becomingme.com
Wed Jun 17 16:33:20 PDT 2009

Hello all

I've been off-list for a while (too busy to keep up), but this got my
attention, and I want to share it with you.

It's from an architectural review in the NY Times of the new Cooper Union
building:

...  it is the kind of serious work that we don't see enough of in New York:
a bold architectural statement of genuine civic value. Its lively public
spaces reaffirm that enlightenment comes from the free exchange of ideas,
not just inward contemplation.

I happened to be facilitating an Open Space for a Buddhist community at the
time (a community that is of course devoted to meditation but has not done
any process work before).  I used this statement to help them appreciate the
value of the exercise.

Marty