Open Space meetings

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at BK.RU
Wed Jun 10 10:51:35 PDT 2009

Kaliya, Holger and all,

Following this thread with interest.

In addition to deleting this "Open Space meetings" entry, would it be
worthwhile for an updated entry on OST to include a section called "Open
Space meetings?" (with the question mark).

And perhaps to go into some detail about the confusion that arises with the
use of term OST or OS because anyone can lead it and do whatever they want
with little or no consequence and so that there can be much variation in the
quality of a so-called "OST event" (and also variation in what is actually
done that is called OS) and hence it gets a bad rap in some parts of the world?

...or something along those lines? And perhaps a section on "Open Space
Technology?" explaining how this use of the word "technology" refers to a
simpler time.

The fact of the matter is "Open Space meetings" exist just as they're
described in Wikipedia just because someone *said* so. We may not like that
reality but I'm not sure there's much we can do to change that fact.

Talking to Barcamp people and seeing what Barcamp and OST have in common
makes lots of sense. Heck, we might even learn of a few less things to do
when opening space!

appreciatively,
raffi

essenceworks.net