Some Feedback please!

Raffi Aftandelian raffi_1970 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 30 08:56:14 PDT 2009

Martin greetings!

Thanks for sharing this question on the list.

I've run two or three such events, 2 1/2 days each and had a great time, as
did everyone else it seems (I still may have some photos from these events too).

Two highlights from one such event: a man who had been in the construction
supplies business came in search of new business ideas. He was so inspired
at one moment that he exclaimed in a loud voice, "I'm having an orgasm!" He
came the next day with an expensive bottle of cognac to share...

In that same event two Indian men wandered in wanting to do photocopying (we
were renting a copier center to run the event); the center was closed for
copying, but they were so intrigued that they stayed for the event. As it
turned out they were importers of welding equipment and within minutes had
arranged a business deal with the construction supplies man.

Just wanted to echo some of what people have said so far, I wouldn't even
mention OST in the invitation but just be clear using 25 words or less
(including perhaps a link to a description of the approach) as to what the
approach is.

I think it is important to be very clear what you hope to have as outcomes
(in form, not in substance).

Also, if it is possible to have a number of co-inviters (organizations or
people) or a convening group, it could give more weight to the event.

As for trust, I also wouldn't worry about it. Trust is something developed
over time, it is a by-product.

other possibilities to include in the space-- and not sure this is
absolutely necessary-- is a co-created library and an arts space.

Your initiative revives an age-old question: Is it possible that the only
thing necessary to establish and grow a business is just to open space,
including inviting clients (past, present, and future)?

also, if you respond to gijs's invitation *and* would like to have a larger
conference call to explore this issue, i'm in! skype: raffi_1970

I've been playing with the idea of creating a facilitation network where I
am and your post inspires me.

appreciatively from the southern suburb of Tehrangeles (aka san diego),
raffi

essenceworks.net