REFLECTIONS ON MY FIRST OPEN SPACE

ELEDER AURTENETXE PILDAIN eleder.aurtenetxe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 08:57:44 PDT 2009

... thanks Lise,

(when you speak about the law of two feet) you are true, they must
have been learning and contributing in the place they were,... or
locked by a superior force,...
yes, sure, having the posters around on the walls helped to say almost
everything.
I'll just mind-map an additional beautiful briefing poster for next
OS! Good idea!

...thanks Suzanne, knowing you all are over there supporting one's work
touches me, indeed.

Your thought on OS participants' expectation seems a good one to me.
That's why it is so important to have a
meeting with the organization people after OS to know more about their
impressions, isn't it?

 having conversations, living into the questions, and opening space in
our lives is the pathway to creating lasting change.

This sentence from your text is a good one to underline, wow!
thank you very much, again, Suzanne, for your so kind words.

In fact, that's the clearest idea from my experience, it's so positive
because we are trying from our hearts!

...thanks Juan Luis, for this so specific and enriching long conversation
we've kept in Spanish after your message.

Maybe we could edit it and send it to the list for Spanish readers..
I hope that all the energy and good vibrations you irradiate will soon
bring you standing success!

...thanks Harrison, for taking the time to read and answer,...

I like very much your practical view when you  underline that
everything works better that way.
Yes, next time I'll physically remove myself for the first hour or so,
and avoid the temptation and the uncertainty.

You say I can *" then come back and be... a participant! That
everybody should then
be so involved in what they have a passion for that my presence is
basically inconsequential.*"  This sounded strange to me, but you know
quite a bit about OS processes...

Then you say: *"One of my favorite moments on a multi-day Open Space
is when somebody comes up to
me on the 2nd day, looks me in the eye (sometimes with suspicion) and says -
Who are you? When that happens I know I have really done my job."*

This is a very good point that made me laugh, Harrison!

... and thanks to all the people supporting and taking part of this
wonderful community!

Kind regards,

Eleder Aurtenetxe Pildain
BILBAO