Open Space in Second Life

Raffi Aftandelian raffi_1970 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jul 17 17:13:56 PDT 2009

Holger,

Thanks much for starting this thread. and bringing the virtual consensus and
less virtual consensus whirleds more together.

The idea of OST in 2nd life is intriguing. And I am hearing drop by drop
more and more of 2nd life as indeed a place of serious virtual collaboration.

Having just waded in the 2nd life stream a little bit, I'm still trying to
see what benefit 2nd life delivers or has delivered.

Has anyone seen any pieces that would point to that?

I ask because sometimes these new (or relatively new) web/Internet tools
seem like a solution in search of an unexpressed need/problem/opportunity.
"It's great, now what do we do with it???"

On a more sea-we-us knowte:

I'd like to part with a modern-day koan:

What does the hashtag of a tweet referring to a blog post about CUIL (the
bit.ly is here), inspired by technorati, described in wikipedia, voted on
digg, linked to on myspace, facebook, and zabar within the virtual Second
Life *within* Second Life look like????

warmly,
raffi